|Post||Senior Software Developer|
|Contract Duration||12 Months full-time|
|Department||Learnovate Centre, School of Computer Science and Statistics|
|Salary||Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience|
|Closing Date:||July 10th 2015|
The Learnovate Centre is an industry-led research centre in educational technology. Our multi-disciplinary team works closely with our industry partners to deliver innovative learning technologies in the areas of mobile & collaborative learning, social & informal learning, immersive learning, and metrics & assessment.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help us bring our cutting edge research towards robust, scalable, and market ready products. We are looking for someone who will take on new challenges, and grow with our team.
As a senior software engineer you will:
- Build and enhance our innovative research demonstrators towards being robust and scalable products. You will work on technologies for personalisation, recommendation, learning analytics, and machine learning.
- Influence the technical design, and take ownership of the products you’re developing. Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce.
- Participate actively in a multidisciplinary team to design, build, and deploy novel educational technology products. You will contribute to scalable system architectures, software development, and efficient ways to deploy these new technologies.
- Use the right tools for the job, be that from existing experience or your willingness to learn new technologies.
- Work primarily on backend services and systems but with the opportunity and flexibility to work on mobile platforms (iOS/Android/Windows).
We like to work with numerous frameworks and languages and you will need to be flexible to learn new technologies.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have worked with HTTP, JSON, XML, and RESTful webservices
- You have experience with deploying software in a Linux environment
It would be great if you have experience working with:
- Cloud hosting providers (AWS, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure).
- Service Oriented Architectures and Web Service Integration.
- Deploying software using Docker or similar containerisation technologies.
- Software testing and agile software development methodologies.
- Educational technology products and services.
Please Note: No expenses will be paid in travelling to interview.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions
Candidates are asked to submit a covering letter and a full CV to:
Dr Martyn Farrows, Centre Director,
Learnovate Centre, Unit 28, Trinity Technology and Enterprise Campus, Pearse Street, Dublin 2.