|Research Assistant Project Manager
|21 months (part time, 20 hours per week)
|Learnovate Centre, School of Computer Science and Statistics
|Researcher Scale at a point commensurate with qualifications and experience
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Research Assistant Project Manager (part-time) in the Learnovate Centre. The ideal candidate will have excellent facilitation, communication and influencing skills. A team player and self-motivated, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong team ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and the ability to ensure their needs are met.
The successful candidate will work on the DEVELOP project (http://www.develop-project.eu); an EC-funded Horizon 2020 project focussing on career development in large companies. This project will create a personalised learning environment for career development that will provide game-based assessment of transversal competencies and social capital to highlight learning opportunities for career development. The project aims to inform and guide employees towards realistic and attainable career development paths.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to define, scope and execute demonstrators, prototypes and bespoke projects
- Take responsibility for coordinating both external and internal planning and project reporting
- Creating and managing schedules, resources and budget
- Working with the Project Coordinator to prioritise and maximise resource and time usage
- Working with international project partners to ensure close collaboration and the timely delivery of high quality deliverables
- Creation and maintenance of project documentation and processes in line with best practice
- Communicating project progress, information and outputs
- Plan and organise multi-partner meetings in Ireland and throughout the EU
- Maintain clear minutes and records
- Liaise with college administrators to resolve issues in the areas of procurement, finance, contracts, and Human Resources.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in project coordination, team facilitation, or relevant research activities
- Experience in working with internal and external research/industry partners
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven facilitation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to operate with high flexibility in a constantly evolving team environment
- Proven ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Strong team player
- Experience in using standard project coordination tools including commercial offerings, MS Project, Excel, etc.
- Flexibility to task on new tasks to ensure the overall success of the research project
- Degree in Computer Science, Education, Psychology or related discipline
- Experience working on EU-funded research projects (H2020, FP7, FP6)
- Experience in applied learning technology research
- Experience working in a research driven working environment
- Experience in process improvement and change management
- Strong working knowledge of project management practise such as Prince 2, PMBOK
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
Note: This role may require occasional travel within the EU.
Background to the Post
The Learnovate Centre is an Enterprise Ireland/IDA funded centre of excellence in learning technologies. The centre brings together state of the art research from our academic partners (Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, National University of Ireland Galway, and Waterford Institute of Technology) with the real-world business problems of our industry partners. Through focussing on the following four research themes the centre aims to develop innovative industry led eLearning solutions to benefit the Irish eLearning industry.
- Social and informal learning
- Mobile and collaborative learning
- Immersive learning
- Metrics and assessment
The School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin offers a high quality educational experience to undergraduate and postgraduate students along with exceptional research opportunities for professionals in the fields of computer science and statistics. The school is proud of its reputation as an innovative and energetic centre for study and research.
The research interests of the school are wide and varied, ranging from the theoretical to the practical. The schools researchers are at the cutting-edge of their disciplines, working on prestigious research projects with other professionals in their fields, and with access to significant public and private funding and industry support.
Trinity College Dublin
Founded in 1592, Trinity College Dublin is the oldest university in Ireland and one of the older universities of Western Europe. On today’s campus, state-of-the-art libraries, laboratories and IT facilities, stand alongside historic buildings on a city-centre 47-acre campus. Trinity College Dublin is currently ranked 43rd in the top world universities by the Times Higher Education Supplement Global University Rankings 2009 and 13th in Europe. Trinity College Dublin offers a unique educational experience across a range of disciplines in the arts, humanities, engineering, science and human, social and health sciences. As Ireland’s premier university, the pursuit of excellence through research and scholarship is at the heart of a Trinity education. TCD has an outstanding record of publications in high-impact journals, and a track record in winning research funding which is among the best in the country. TCD has developed significant international strength in its research in eight major themes which include globalisation; cancer; genetics; neuroscience; immunology and infection; communications and intelligent systems; nano and materials science as well as Irish culture and the creative arts. TCD aims to become the world reference point in at least one of these areas of research in the next 10 years
Candidates are asked to submit a covering letter and a full CV by email to:
Dr Neil Peirce
DEVELOP Project Coordinator
Tel: +353-1-896- 4910
Please note: No expenses will be paid in travelling to interview.