Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Corporate Learning & Development (L&D) Expert in the Learnovate Centre, based in Trinity College, Dublin.
This is an applied research role, where you will apply the knowledge and insights you have gained in strategic learning design implementation for corporate organisations to expand the research of Learnovate for the benefit of our membership. You will provide thought leadership across all aspects of L&D in our applied research projects. This fast paced role will provide an established senior L&D professional the opportunity to work as part of our learning sciences research team, working with our members to explore and assess existing and emerging technologies in learning.
This is a highly collaborative role, working in a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment. You will expand your own knowledge of L&D with our multidisciplinary team of experts in UI/UX, learning sciences, computer science and innovation.
This is the role for you if you are passionate about applying best practice research to benefit our membership with tangible outcomes.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
- Reporting to his/her Principal Investigator, the Researcher will develop the learning sciences components of research and customer-focused projects
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which he/she is engaged to the wider research community and in particular to Industry Partners
- Design evidence-based learning models, learning strategies, use cases etc, and support implementation of project outputs
- Conduct evaluations/trials to support research projects
- Write effective research reports for dissemination to technical and non-technical audiences
- Assess when to leverage technology to enhance the learning experience as part of project work
- Provide best practice guidance to members in decisions on the design, development and management of high quality, impactful learning and development solutions
- Suggest and monitor the effectiveness of the learning and development approach and provide evaluation models for identifying KPIs as part of research and commercial projects
- Support the review of members platforms, learning material and approaches to engage decision making fo ‘build vs. buy’
- Work with project management to determine project priorities and timelines
- Working in a dynamic team of learning experts and technologists with a willingness to take on new tasks and learn new skills.
- Apply excellent knowledge of learning theories and learning design models within a collaborative, cross-functional team environment
Funding Information: This position is funded through Enterprise Ireland’s Learnovate Technology Centre initiative. Funding is until Feb 2022
Candidates appointed to this post should have a relevant Ph.D. in the area of Learning Science
Equivalent industry experience with a Masters Level Qualification in the field
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in the design and development of corporate L&D projects
- Demonstrable understanding of learning experience design and the application of this at a strategic level
- Experience in evaluating the latest technology available in the market and consider its usage in effective learning solutions
- Track record of successful scoping, evaluation and delivery of Learning Technology solutions
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and/or emerging learning design trends in the industry
- Experience in informal, social, mobile and game-based learning
- Experience in designing technology-enhanced learning environments
- Experience working in a research driven working environment
- Experience in facilitating workshops
- Experience of conducting end user trials
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience reporting to multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrative problem-solving approach to project challenges
- Proven ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications skills
- Proven track record of successfully leading initiatives through influence and collaboration
APPLICATION DEADLINE AND DETAILS:
Apply with CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19th November noon. Interviews will take place week of 26th November.
Please note: Candidates who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the shortlist stage.
Candidates should note that the interview process for this appointment may include the delivery of a presentation and may include a test of practical skills.
The Learnovate Centre
Hosted by Trinity College Dublin’s School of Computer Science and Statistics and funded by Enterprise Ireland, Learnovate’s mission is to enhance the competitive advantage of Ireland’s learning technology industry, and more broadly, to maximise the success any company can derive from using learning technology effectively.
Learnovate currently has over 60 industry members that range across sectors and sizes from start-ups to growth phase companies to large corporates and multi-nationals. These members can be divided into supply side companies that are focused on producing learning technologies and demand side companies that are focused on deploying learning technologies.
The Centre’s multidisciplinary team works with industry partners to deliver strategic research and innovative learning technologies in areas such as mobile and collaborative learning, social and informal learning, immersive learning, and metrics and assessment.
Industry can engage with the Centre through a membership model or by contracting Learnovate directly to provide research and innovation services. These services can, in turn, be supported by (state-supported) grant funding vehicles such as innovation vouchers and innovation partnerships.
School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin
The School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin offers a high quality educational experience to undergraduate and postgraduate students along with exceptional research opportunities for professionals in the fields of computer science and statistics. The School is proud of its reputation as an innovative and energetic centre for study and research.
The research interests of the School are wide and varied, ranging from the theoretical to the practical. The School’s researchers are at the cutting-edge of their disciplines, working on prestigious research projects with other professionals in their fields, and with access to significant public and private funding and industry support.