||Content Marketing Manager
||Specific purpose contract
||Learnovate Centre, School of Computer Science and Statistics
||Appointment will be made on the Administrative Officer 1 (point 1 – 3) salary scale at a point in line with Government Pay Policy
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Content Marketing Manager in The Learnovate Centre. The Learnovate Centre is an industry-led research centre in educational technology, hosted by Trinity College Dublin’s School of Computer Science and Statistics. The Centre’s multi-disciplinary team works with industry partners to deliver innovative learning technologies in the areas of mobile and collaborative learning, social and informal learning, immersive learning, and metrics and assessment.
Effective marketing and communications are vital to the establishment of the Centre’s brand profile. Reporting to the Centre Director, this new role is to enhance the Centre’s established relationships and drive awareness of the Centre nationally and internationally. The ideal candidate will require a high level of self-direction and demonstrate a strong work ethic, team ethos and the ability to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders to ensure their needs are met.
This role will focus on three core activities:
1) creating content (in multiple formats) to increase awareness and understanding of the Centre’s activities;
2) sharing content on multiple channels to maximise awareness of Centre activity; and
3) measuring the results of content marketing activities using a data-driven approach to focus and measure success.
In addition, the role will support the creation of content by Centre experts, the compilation of reports and visual representations associated with Technology Centre KPIs and goals as well as the management of Centre events such as the monthly seminars. Learnovate’s audience comprises academia, industry, funding bodies and the general public.
- Drive the Learnovate Centre’s marketing function to support its strategic objectives
- Increase awareness of the Learnovate Centre brand and oversee the development and production of integrated marketing campaigns
- Deliver advertising and promotional campaigns in a variety of media (online and traditional)
- Develop and manage initiatives to support the Learnovate Centre’s commercialisation objectives
- Own and manage the creation of monthly updates on Centre activities to members companies
- Manage and lead the updating and review of content on the Learnovate website and social channels
- Manage web-site analytics, monitoring performance, creating regular site reports and ensuring best practice
- Support Centre events, as required
- Liaise with global marketing colleagues at related research centres and within the University and College to identify suitable new channels and platforms.
- Own and manage the creation of the Centre’s reports to Funding Body including visualisations of KPI achievements against targets,
- Ensure efficient internal communications to encourage cross‐university and cross‐disciplinary engagement and identify opportunities for collaboration.
Candidates appointed to this post should have a relevant primary degree (Marketing and/or Communications). (Essential) A related postgraduate qualification or industry experience is desirable.
Knowledge & Experience (Essential & Desirable)
- Candidates must have a minimum 3 years’ experience delivering content marketing campaigns and driving strong performance (Essential)
- Experience in social media, marketing, brand management, marketing material design and development and media (print, TV, radio, etc.) (Essential)
- Proven ability to manage marketing messages across multiple sectors (Essential)
- Knowledge of the edTech industry would be an advantage (Desirable) Skills & Competencies
- Excellent writing and content creation skills, including video
- Deep digital marketing experience including analytics for impact
- Strong commercial awareness and capable of interacting at every level of the organisation
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and work to tight and exacting deadlines
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Proficient project management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Self-starter with a demonstrated history of teamwork, including a willingness to jump in to help accomplish tasks
- An excellent eye for detail
Background to the Post
The Learnovate Centre is an Enterprise Ireland/IDA funded centre of excellence in learning innovation. The centre brings together state of the art research with the real world business problems of our industry partners. The centre aims to develop innovative industry-led learning technology solutions to benefit the Irish EdTech industry.
The School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin offers a high-quality educational experience to undergraduate and postgraduate students along with exceptional research opportunities for professionals in the fields of computer science and statistics. The school is proud of its reputation as an innovative and energetic centre for study and research.
The research interests of the school are wide and varied, ranging from the theoretical to the practical. The school’s researchers are at the cutting-edge of their disciplines, working on prestigious research projects with other professionals in their fields, and with access to significant public and private funding and industry support.
Trinity College Dublin
Founded in 1592, Trinity College Dublin is the oldest university in Ireland and one of the older universities of Western Europe. On today’s campus, state-of-the-art libraries, laboratories and IT facilities, stand alongside historic buildings on a city-centre 47-acre campus. Trinity College Dublin is currently ranked 43rd in the top world universities by the Times Higher Education Supplement Global University Rankings 2009 and 13th in Europe. Trinity College Dublin offers a unique educational experience across a range of disciplines in the arts, humanities, engineering, science and human, social and health sciences. As Ireland’s premier university, the pursuit of excellence through research and scholarship is at the heart of a Trinity education. TCD has an outstanding record of publications in high-impact journals and a track record in winning research funding which is among the best in the country. TCD has developed significant international strength in its research in eight major themes which include globalisation; cancer; genetics; neuroscience; immunology and infection; communications and intelligent systems; nano and materials science as well as Irish culture and the creative arts. TCD aims to become the world reference point in at least one of these areas of research in the next 10 years
In order to assist the selection process, candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter (1x A4 page) that specifically address the following points in their application.
1. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience in marketing and communications management. Applicants should clearly address this experience and how they obtained their knowledge.
2. The applicant should give examples of involvement in implementing a content marketing communications strategy and what the applicant learned from the process.
3. Illustrate, through past example, their ability to work on their own initiative and resolve problems.
Please Note: Applicants who do not address the application requirements above in their cover letter will not be considered at the short list stage. Applicants should also note that the interview process for this appointment may include the delivery of a presentation and may include a test of practical skills.
Applications must be submitted via the TCD Vacancies portal, linked here
Type Learnovate into the keyword search to see the relevant competition and apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!