|Post:||Research Software Developer/Full stack developer|
|Contract Duration:||20 month contract (Full-time)|
|Department:||Learnovate Centre, School of Computer Science and Statistics|
|Salary:||€32,930- €44,930 (depending on experience)|
The Learnovate Centre is an industry-led research centre in educational technology. Our multi-disciplinary team works closely with our industry partners to deliver innovative learning technologies in the areas of mobile & collaborative learning, social & informal learning, immersive learning, and metrics & assessment.
We are looking for a research software developer to work on our innovative European research project DEVELOP (http://www.develop-project.eu). This role will involve building novel demonstrator systems to address research challenges in learning for career development. We are looking for someone who will take on new challenges, and grow with our team.
As a research software developer you will:
- Build innovative web-based research demonstrators using frontend and backend technologies as well as web services
- Work with international industry and research partners to integrate software components for personalisation, recommendation, social network analysis, and AI planning
- Influence the technical design, and take ownership of the systems you’re developing. Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you produce
- Use the right tools for the job, be that from existing experience or your willingness to learn new technologies
- Participate actively in a multidisciplinary team to design, build, and deploy novel educational technology demonstrators. You will contribute to software development, user interface design, scalable system architectures, and efficient ways to deploy these new technologies
We like to work with numerous frameworks and languages and you will need to be flexible to learn new technologies.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with 2+ years software development experience in an industry or research setting
- You have a solid foundation in HTML, CSS, and AngularJS.
- You have experience with SQL databases
- You have worked with HTTP, JSON, and RESTful webservices
- You have experience with deploying software in a Linux environment
It would be great if you have experience working with:
- MSc. or PhD level Computer Science research
- Educational technology research and/or product development
- Agile software development methodologies and software testing
- Service Oriented Architectures and Web Service Integration
- Cloud hosting providers (AWS, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft Azure)
- Deploying software using Docker or similar containerisation technologies
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions
The Learnovate Centre is an EI/IDA funded technology centre hosted at Trinity College Dublin. Details about the centre and the university are available at: http://www.learnovatecentre.org and http://www.tcd.ie respectively.
Please Note: No expenses will be paid in travelling to interview. This role will involve occasional travel throughout the EU.
Please send a cover letter and full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should also be CC’d to: email@example.com